- This event has passed.
May 13 at 8:00 am - 4:00 pmTBA
The conference on Bilingualism and Multilingualism (BAM) will take place in Kelowna, at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus.
Early registration opens March 2023.
Call for Abstracts
We are calling for abstracts for oral presentations and posters related to bilingualism and multilingualism, broadly defined. Abstracts are due by January 10, 2023.
Welcome topics include (but are not limited to):
- Indigenous language learning and/or revitalization
- Minority languages
- Foreign accents
- Foreign language learning
- Motivation and language learning
- Heritage language learning
- Second, third, fourth, etc. language learning
- Simultaneous bilingualism
- Dual language learning
- Language delays and disorders
- Language and identity
- Language and emotions
- Linguistic vitality (with or without any prefixes on “linguistic”)
- Study abroad
- Language(s) among migrant populations
- Language in school/work
- Forensic linguistics
- English as an additional language
We welcome contributions from any discipline.
More About the Conference
- Roswita Dressler, University of Calgary
- Andrea MacLeod, University of Alberta
- Onowa McIvor, University of Victoria
- Jie Yang, Simon Fraser University
Invited symposium: Building Connections: Language and Literacy Education in the Okanagan School of Education. Featuring: Dr. Jessica Chan, Dr. Bill Cohen, Dr. Scott Douglas, and Dr. Carl Ruest. This will be followed by a series of Scholar-Practitioner Shares from educators and practitioners who will share how their research has been translated to educational practice.
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Okanagan School of Education – BEd French Pathways with the participation of the Government of Canada and the Ministry of Education and Child Care of British Columbia
- Research and Innovation, Office of the Vice-Principal