- This event has passed.
Cancelled: CBT for Sleep
March 11, 2020 at 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until April 8, 2020
Learn to improve your sleep habits through principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), whether you have sleep difficulties or not.
CBT is an evidence-based approach to therapy that has been widely used in the treatment of anxiety, mood disorders, eating disorders, and insomnia. Through CBT, group participants will discover how their thoughts affect how they feel and behave and how this directly applies to sleep.
Group participants will learn to:
- identify underlying causes of sleep disturbance;
- manage excessive worry and intrusive thoughts that prolong sleep onset and interrupt rest;
- establish a strong, positive association between bed and sleep;
- create a relaxing sleep environment;
- connect and share with other students about sleep hygiene, mindfulness, and mental wellness.