- This event has passed.
CTL Workshop: School of Engineering Online Exam Management / Invigilation
November 12, 2020 at 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The UBC Okanagan Centre for Teaching and Learning invites the Faculty of the School of Engineering to join us for an online workshop. This workshop will be held in Zoom.
Online Exam Management / Invigilation
This 90-minute session will explore a variety of factors, strategies and technologies that have been impacted in this new context of remote learning, assessment and evaluation. Facilitators will discuss best practices, recommendations and considerations to promote academic honesty and fair evaluation of student work. We will also introduce some tools for proctoring or invigilation of exams and the benefits and pitfalls of using these tools.
This session explores:
- questions to elicit original work
- Collaborate Ultra to manage the online exam and support students during the exam
- Zoom as an invigilation technique
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Proctorio artificial intelligence exam invigilation technology
- Academic Integrity for Final Exams
- Communicating Final Exam requirements and Information to students
Join us in Zoom on Thursday, November 12 from 11:00AM – 12:30PM.
For a full listing of upcoming CTL events, see the CTL Events calendar.