- This event has passed.
CTLT – Inclusive Teaching: What is it and Why Does it Matter?
March 11, 2021 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The UBC Okanagan Centre for Teaching and Learning is proud to promote the UBC Vancouver Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) events to our Okanagan instructors.
This session is for anyone who teaches at UBC who is looking for an introduction to inclusive teaching practices. Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and discuss why inclusive practices in the classroom are important, including considerations for the online environment . We will explore diversity at UBC, including who lives and studies here. You will have an opportunity to learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices. You will leave the workshop with a range of practices and resources to continue exploring.
In this workshop you will:
- Define diversity, equity and inclusion in UBC’s context.
- Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and why it’s important.
- Explore diversity at UBC and who works and studies here
- Have an opportunity to reciprocally learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices, including considerations for the online environment.
- Susan Hampton, Educational Consultant: Facilitation and Process Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, CTLT
- Gillian Gerhard, Senior Manager, Teaching and Learning, CTLT
- Kele Fleming, Associate Director, Teaching & Learning Professional Development, CTLT