- This event has passed.
CTLT – Online Course Design Showcase Series: Experiences with Single-Point Rubrics
May 25, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
The UBC Okanagan Centre for Teaching and Learning is proud to promote the UBC Vancouver Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) events to our Okanagan instructors.
A rubric is an important tool that empowers faculty to clearly communicate assignment expectations and make grading fair to students. Due to the complexity of an analytic rubric, people are often hesitant to use it.
The single-point rubric is simpler to create and use. In this session, we will explore some of our experiences with the single-point rubric.
During this session, there will be a 25-minute presentation including:
- Introduction to a single point rubric
- Reflections from faculty on how a single point rubric can be used in learning environments
The presentation will be followed by a 35-minute collaborative discussion. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions, share ideas and apply this rubric idea to own contexts.
- Alifa Bandali, PhD., Lecturer, Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice, The Social Justice Institute
- Bosung Kim, PhD., Educational Consultant: Learning Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
About the Series:
The Online Course Design Showcase is a monthly event highlighting interesting examples of teaching and learning at UBC. If you are teaching a course via online, hybrid or blended learning methods, please join an innovative UBC instructor and one of our learning designers for a short presentation followed by Q&A and discussion. In this supportive and collaborative environment, there will be a chance to ask questions, interact with instructors, staff and learning designers.
Topics will change month to month. Whether you participate in one or all of these sessions you can expect to:
- Become aware of innovative online, hybrid, or blended teaching and learning practices at UBC
- Explore connections to your own teaching and learning context
- Contribute to a collaborative discussion
For a full listing of upcoming CTL events, see the CTL Events calendar.