- This event has passed.
CTLT Workshop: Exploring Peer Assessment with peerScholar
March 4, 2021 at 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The UBC Okanagan Centre for Teaching and Learning is proud to promote the UBC Vancouver Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) events to our Okanagan instructors.
Join us as we explore peerScholar, a self- and peer-assessment tool that allows students to provide anonymous feedback on each other’s assignments. peerScholar activities can encourage critical thinking, creative thought and strong communication skills; promote self-reflection and facilitate increased student participation and engagement.
Hear from fellow faculty members how they are using peerScholar in their courses, and brainstorm with colleagues on ways you might incorporate this powerful tool in your own teaching.
- Amanda Bradley, Associate Professor of Teaching, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Pete Ostafichuk, Professor of Teaching, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Tim Kato, Team Lead, Learning Technology Hub, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
- Bosung Kim, Educational Consultant: Learning Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
- Nicole Ronan, Educational Consultant: Learning Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
Please note this workshop is part of the Online Teaching Program. This flexible program is designed to help you explore, learn and get support with teaching online. The program consists of a course with self-paced modules in Canvas, online workshops with experiential learning opportunities, and one-on-one consultation support with an educational consultant. This particular workshop is designed to complement module 3, “Designing Online Assessment“. Each module takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete. To further explore this topic, we recommend you proceed through the module at your own time.