- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Training (2 Parts)
October 13, 2021 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2021 at 9:00 am
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an evidence-based, internationally recognized program through the Mental Health Commission of Canada. MHFA is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
This is a seven-hour course made up of a self-directed module (pre-work, approx. 1 hour) followed by two synchronous virtual modules (each three hours in length). Participants are required to complete the pre-work (Module 1) before participating in Module 2 October 13 and October 20.