- This event has passed.
OTP: Facilitating Collaboration in Online Spaces
October 5, 2020 at 1:30 pm - 2:45 pm
The UBC Okanagan Centre for Teaching and Learning is proud to promote the UBC Vancouver Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology Online Teaching Program (OTP) events to our Okanagan instructors.
For those of us who facilitate group work, discussions, and meetings, the online space requires the use of educational tools that can facilitate collaboration. In this session we will explore tools for facilitating collaborative group work. We will highlight Zoom options (e.g. annotation tool, polling); Visual brainstorming platforms (e.g. Padlet and Jamboard); and collaborative working documents (e.g. Google docs/slides).
With a focus on synchronous facilitation, in this session participants will:
- Be introduced to tools for collaborative brainstorming
- Practice using select tools and strategies
- Discuss the adaptability of these tools for use in a variety of contexts
*This session replaces the OTP’s summer workshop, “Facilitating Peer-to-Peer Engagement”. There will be some overlap of previous activities, yet some new tools introduced.
- Susan Hampton, Educational Consultant: Facilitation and Process Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, CTLT
- Kari Grain, CTLT Educational Consultants
Please ensure you have your own quiet space, a computer with a webcam and headphones or earbuds.