- This event has passed.
The Working Mind for Staff and Faculty (2 parts)
September 29, 2021 at 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on September 29, 2021 at 9:00 am
Established by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, the Working Mind is an evidence-based training program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce stigma in a workplace setting.
The training includes scenario-based practical applications, custom videos of people with lived experience of mental illness, participant reference guides, and related handouts. This version of the program is for employees (non-managers).
What will you learn?
- The basic concepts, risk factors and causes of mental illness and mental disorders.
- The confidence, tools and resources to manage and support employees who may be experiencing mental health problems or illness.
- The Mental Health Continuum Model, how to observe changes in employees along the continuum, and how to take appropriate action.
- Resilience and health-coping strategies
- Mental health literacy to help recognize, manage and support colleagues with mental health challenges in the workplace.
This training takes on September 23 from 9 am-12 pm, and September 29 from 9-11 am. Both sessions are mandatory.