- This event has passed.
Tri-Agency Graduate Awards General Info Session
July 25 at 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Are you a Canadian or Permanent Resident of Canada planning on applying to graduate school, and wondering about funding? Are you a current graduate student who is unsure what the Tri-Agency awards are, or have some basic questions about how they work? Are you confused about what all the award acronyms mean? If so, this information session is for you.
This information session will be a basic introduction to the Tri-Agency graduate awards, which includes the Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s (CGS-M) program, the Canada Graduate Scholarship – Doctoral (CGS-D) program, and the Vanier. These are some of the largest and most prestigious academic research awards in Canada.
This information session will go over the following:
• What are the Tri-Agencies (SSHRC, NSERC, and CIHR)?
• What are the Tri-Agency awards (CGS-M, CGS-D, and Vanier)?
• Can and should I apply for these awards?
• When should I apply for these awards?
• How much time does the application process take? (Hint: more than you think!)
• What resources are available on campus to help me if I choose to apply?
• And much more
This session is open to upper-level undergraduate students, incoming and continuing Master’s and Doctoral Students, and anyone else who has general questions about the Tri-Agency awards. Please note that the Tri-Agency awards are not open to students pursuing non-thesis programs.