- This event has passed.
Tri-Agency Graduate Awards General Information Session
July 27, 2021 at 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Are you a Canadian or Permanent Resident of Canada planning on applying to graduate school, and wondering about funding? Are you a current graduate student who is unsure what the Tri-Agency awards are, or have some basic questions about how they work? If so, this information session is for you.
This information session will be a basic introduction to the Tri-Agency graduate awards, which includes the Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s (CGS-M) program, the Canada Graduate Scholarship – Doctoral (CGS-D) program, and the Vanier. These are some of the largest and most prestigious academic research awards in Canada.
This information session will go over the following:
- What are the Tri-Agencies (SSHRC, NSERC, and CIHR)?
- What are the Tri-Agency awards (CGS-M, CGS-D, and Vanier)?
- Can and should I apply for these awards?
- When should I apply for these awards?
- How much time does the application process take? (Hint: more than you think!)
- What resources are available on campus to help me if I choose to apply?
- And much more
This session is open to upper-level undergraduate students, incoming and continuing Master’s and Doctoral Students, and anyone else who has general questions about the Tri-Agency awards. Please note that the Tri-Agency awards are not open to students pursuing non-thesis programs.