- This event has passed.
UBC Okanagan’s Nobel Night
December 10, 2020 at 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Imagine discovering the darkest secrets of black holes or new treatments for a serious global disease. Imagine an unmistakable poetic voice or combatting world hunger. Imagine the quest for the perfect auction or genetic scissors that can edit the blueprint of life. Imagine no more. Twelve Nobel Prize laureates have been awarded this year for these achievements.
Be inspired to make imagination reality, as a distinguished panel of UBC Okanagan professors decipher how the 2020 Nobel Prizes have changed the world forever.
Watch the recording
- About the Nobel Prize in Physics with Alex Hill, Assistant Professor, Astrophysics, Irving K Barber Faculty of Science
- About the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Kirsten Wolthers, Associate Professor, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Irving K Barber Faculty of Science
- About the Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine with Sarah Brears, Regional Associate Dean, Interior, Southern Medical Program
- About the Nobel Peace Prize with Haroon Akram-Lodhi, Editor-in-Chief, Canadian Journal of Development Studies
- About the Nobel Prize in Literature with Nancy Holmes, Associate Professor, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
Lesley Cormack, Deputy and Vice-Chancellor, UBC Okanagan
Philip Barker, Vice-Principal and Associate Vice-President, Research and Innovation