- This event has passed.
Creating Inclusive Spaces
October 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This 60-minute workshop provides an opportunity to learn about and discuss what inclusion means for post-secondary education.
You will learn about:
- the difference between accessibility and accommodation,
- what equity means and how is it enacted in regards to disability,
- the responsibility the university has towards disabled students,
- the rights and responsibilities of disabled students,
- how academic accommodation for graduate students is the same as, or different from, undergraduate students, and
- what graduate students need to know about their responsibilities in carrying out their duties as potential employees of the university.
Whether you are a disabled graduate student or are planning to work on campus, there is valuable information to be learned and shared during this session.