- This event has passed.
Graduate Student Orientation: Creating Inclusive Spaces
September 1 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This 60-minute workshop provides the opportunity to learn about and discuss what inclusion means for post-secondary education.
You will learn about the difference between accessibility and accommodation, including:
- What does equity mean and how is it enacted in regards to disability?
- What responsibility does the university have towards disabled students?
- What are the rights and responsibilities of disabled students?
- How is academic accommodation for graduate students the same as, or different from, undergraduate students?
- What do graduate students need to know about their responsibilities in carrying out their duties as potential employees of the university?
Whether you are a disabled graduate student or are planning to work on campus, there is valuable information to be learned and shared during this session.