- This event has passed.
Opera Under the Stars 2023
August 3, 2023 at 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
A highlight summer event returns this August as Opera Kelowna, in a special partnership with UBC Okanagan, presents Opera Under the Stars.
Join us on August 3 in the central courtyard of UBC’s Okanagan campus for an outdoor evening concert featuring professional opera singers cast in Opera Kelowna’s upcoming production of Mozart’s Così fan tutte. Our artists will perform favourite songs from well-known operas, as well as a music of other genres and perhaps a surprise performance or two!
Thank you to performance sponsor Pushor Mitchell.
Bring your favourite blanket or festival chairs and settle on the lawn for a glorious evening under the stars.
Registration is required and opens July 5. Mark your calendars and book early for this sell-out event.
- Refreshments: Food trucks will be on site. No outside alcohol is permitted.
- Parking: Parking will be free across campus beginning at 6:30 pm.
- Accessibility needs? Golf cart transport will be available from the parking lots E, F and H. Please ensure you arrive early if you require this special service as there may be a wait.
Elevate your experience
Add to your night on campus with an OPUS Elevated Experience, beginning at 6:45 pm at the Faculty of Critical and Creative Studies building and featuring:
- evening access to the Faculty of Critical and Creative Studies’ exciting exhibitions of contemporary Indigenous art, Invisible Forces and You are on Syilx Territory
- a pre-concert reception with community leaders sponsored by the Faculty of Critical and Creative Studies
- wine and refreshments
- an escort to reserved, chaired-seating for the concert
Invisible Forces features works by Krystle Silverfox and Tiffany Shaw, and You are on Syilx Territory features works from UBC Okanagan’s Public Art Collection by Sheldon Louis, Coralee Miller, David Wilson and Manuel Axel Strain. These exhibitions are part of the Indigenous Art Intensive, and are organized by the UBC Okanagan Gallery, curated by Stacey Koosel.
Limited tickets for this experience are available at $80 each . Tickets must be purchased with OPUS registration.