- This event has passed.
SMP Teacher Certificate Program: Assessment
February 23, 2022 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The Southern Medical Program Teacher Certificate Program is designed for physicians teaching medical students, residents in clinical or didactic environments, and focuses on improving teaching skills and creating an optimal learning environment.
The Teacher Certificate Program includes five workshops: Active Learning, Learning Relationships, Learning Context, Assessment, Feedback and Reflection.
Presenter: Dr. Vincent Arockiasamy, Director of Assessment, UBC Faculty of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor, UBC Department of Pediatrics.
- Provide direct observation and assessment.
- Discuss the continuum of stakes in programmatic assessment.
- Discuss principles of programmatic assessment.
- Compare and contrast tools used to support rater-based assessments.
- Discuss role of direct observation in assessment.
To register for a workshop or the series, please contact Jessica.Russo@interiorhealth.ca. Participants who complete all five sessions will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. MOC Section 1 / MainPro+ credits are also available for each session.
Learn more about the Teacher Certificate Program.