- This event has passed.
SMP Teacher Certificate Program: Learning Relationships
December 1, 2021 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The Southern Medical Program Teacher Certificate Program is designed for physicians teaching medical students, residents in clinical or didactic environments, and focuses on improving teaching skills and creating an optimal learning environment.
The Teacher Certificate Program includes five workshops: Active Learning, Learning Relationships, Learning Context, Assessment, Feedback and Reflection.
- Optimize learner and teacher relationship, and support learners experiencing difficulty.
- Integrate learner’s educational history and goals into the educational plan.
- Describe characteristics of healthy relationships (UBC professional standards) and boundaries.
- Recognize (mis)treatment and its impact.
- Recognize a student in difficulty.
- Adequately utilize resources for student support.
Presenter: Dr. Marjorie Docherty, SMP Year 1 and 2 Family Practice Lead, Clinical Professor, UBC Department of Family Practice
To register for a workshop or the series, please contact Jessica.Russo@interiorhealth.ca.
Participants who complete all five sessions will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. MOC Section 1 / MainPro+ credits are also available for each session. Learn more about the Teacher Certificate Program.