September 21 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, repeating until September 30, 2020
Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students play a vital role in creating rich learning environments at UBC Okanagan. The Centre for Teaching and Learning partners with TAs to create a learning community that provides support and professional growth opportunities.
This September, TA training looks different than in previous years. This year, TAs may participate in a series of self-directed training modules coordinated by the Centre for Teaching and Learning. Available modules include:
- Module 1 (required): Who are our learners? (approx. 90 min)
Available September 2-11
- Module 2: Introduction to Canvas (approx. 60 min)
Available September 2-18
- Module 3: Introduction to Collaborate Ultra or Zoom (approx. 60 min)
September 8 for classroom TAs
Available September 11- 14 for others
- Module 4: Equity, Diversity & and Inclusion (EDI) (approx. 2 hr)
Select your choice of September Sept 10, 11, 14,15
Register with an external link which will be emailed to you when you select this option.
- Module 5: Teaching Basics (approx. 90 min)
Available September 11 – 23
- Module 6: Academic Integrity (approx. 60 min)
Available September 20-30
- Module 7: Assessment and Marking (approx. 60 min)
Available September 20- 30
- Module 8: Lesson Planning (approx. 60 min)
Available September 11-23th
For more information, and to register, visit the CTL Website.
Registration closes September 15, 2020
Note: the audience for this event is Teaching Assistants (TAs).