- This event has passed.
May 29 at 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmFree
The UBC Department of Psychology invites you to attend an interdisciplinary multimedia performance of The Lion-Man.
The performance is inspired by a 35,000 year-old statue of a half-lion and half-man, and includes music, art, dance and poetry for the purpose of testing a new theory for cultural evolution that encompasses cross-domain creative inspiration (Ganesh & Gabora, 2022).
- Researchers: Kirthana Ganesh & Dr. Liane Gabora
- Department Head and Promoter: Dr. Elena Nicoladis
- Music: Sounds Like Things Ensemble
- Art: Steve Dipaola
- Poetry: Libby Hathorn
- Dance: The Lion Man Dance Troupe
- Chisel Actor: Mika Winslow
- Coordinator: Isabel Gomez
Check out the scholarly paper on the research product.
This project is funded by the Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
and a gift from Susan and Jacques LeBlanc.
Image Credit: Steve Dipaola