- This event has passed.
A week of healthy and fun-filled activities for World Diabetes Day
November 14, 2021 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As Word Diabetes Day approaches, a group of students and faculty in UBC Okanagan’s Diabetes Prevention Research Group have planned a week of healthy and fun-filled activities from November 8-14.
The featured event is a cooking class with Okanagan College’s Kelsey Oudendag, a red seal chef and culinary arts instructor. Participants will learn, in-person or virtually, how to make delicious and healthy meals on a budget. Free registration for this class has been made possible by generous partnerships with the Central Okanagan Food Bank, Okanagan College (OC) and Dr. Mary Jung, an associate professor in the School of Health and Exercise Sciences.
The week culminates with an outdoor drop-in day of play and activities on Sunday, November 14. People are encouraged to visit Jung’s Small Steps team at Rowcliffe Park in downtown Kelowna, between 11 am-3 pm to join in free beginner exercise classes and earn prizes.
- November 14, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Online virtual event
- Registration/RSVP Required
- Yes (see event description)
- Event Type
- Athletics, Recreation and Intramurals, Social
- Health, Lifestyle and Wellness, Recreation and Sports
- Alumni, Community, Faculty, Staff, Families, Partners and Industry, Students, Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Associates