- This event has passed.
Black History Month: Celebrating Black Creatives
February 15 at 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Join the Indigenous, Black, and People of Colour UBCO group in celebrating Black History Month. Come together in the community to share food, listen to music and celebrate Black artists at UBCO and across British Columbia. Enjoy performances from featured creatives that include local poets and musicians. Black students are also invited to perform in an open mic portion (honoraria provided).
Speakers and Musicians
- Elliott Slinn (keynote speaker and poet)
- Malusi Mabaleka (musician)
- Lady Dia and Trophy (musicians)
What to expect
- Celebrate Black History Month through Black art, joy and excellence;
- Appreciate the art of local and regional performers, including UBCO students, who will be compensated for their work;
- Come together in community with other UBCO students, faculty and staff
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided
Who can join
All UBCO students, faculty, staff and community members are welcome.
We are committed to hosting an inclusive, accessible event that enables all individuals to engage fully. As part of this commitment, we request that participants please refrain from wearing strong fragrances to be respectful of those with allergies and environmental sensitivities.
If you require an accessibility-related measure, please indicate in the registration form or reach out to the contact below.