Excel Expert Part 2: Database Management
May 11 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$210
Need to do time tracking of numerous staff on various projects? Need to download reams of data from an online data source? Now, all you need is to make sense of it all!
Learn how Excel will capture potential data errors, minimize input errors and then automate the updating of datasets into Excel tables, Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.
Develop strategies for collecting and validating data with tables. Understand how to automate the collection, clean up of data using Power Query and then how to analyze with Pivot Tables.
Furthermore, learn how to create dashboards for visually displaying data and using slicers to quickly filter and change graphical reports. See how Excel’s Business Intelligence (BI) Tools can make updating and analyzing data a breeze.
Upon course completion, learners will be able to:
- Create tables and learn to sort, filter and report on data with a few clicks;
- Add data validation, including using pick lists;
- Remove duplicate data; circle invalid data;
- Use data analysis tool;
- Create and modify Pivot Tables;
- Create and modify Pivot Charts;
- Add calculations and custom functions within a Pivot Table;
- Use slicers and filters with Pivot Tables; and
- Import data with Power Query.
Course Prerequisite: The course assumes that learners have completed the Excel Core course or have equivalent knowledge.
Registration Note: When registering, please enter UBC as the company name under Contact Info for invoicing purposes, as we have negotiated preferred pricing for UBC staff in the amount of $210 + taxes.