- This event has passed.
The Working Mind for Faculty and Staff
February 16, 2022 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Established by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, the Working Mind is an evidenced-based training program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce stigma in a workplace setting. The training includes scenario-based practical applications, custom videos of people with lived experience of mental illness, participant reference guides, and related handouts.
- Learn about the basic concepts, risk factors and causes of mental illness and mental disorders
- Gain the confidence, tools and resources to manage and support employees who may be experiencing mental health problems or illness
- Learn about the Mental Health Continuum Model, how to observe changes along the continuum, and how to take appropriate action
- Develop resilience and health-coping strategies
- Build their mental health literacy to help recognize, manage and support colleagues with mental health challenges in the workplace
The program is available in two versions: one for managers and for employees.