- This event has passed.
UBC Okanagan Nobel Night 2021
December 9, 2021 at 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Imagine knowing how we sense temperature and touch or understanding natural experiments to help answer societal questions. Imagine a compassionate voice on the effects of colonialism to courageous efforts to safeguard freedom of expression. Imagine an environmentally friendly method to make chemical reactions more efficient.
Imagine no more. The 2021 Nobel Prizes have been awarded for these discoveries and achievements.
On December 9, a distinguished panel of UBC professors and a CBC media expert will decipher the Nobel-winning methods and work of the 2021 laureates who have changed the world forever.
- About the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Dr. Stephen McNeil, Associate Professor of Chemistry, Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science
- About the Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine with Dr. Olusegun Oyedele, Associate Professor of Teaching, Department of Cellular & Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
- About the Nobel Peace Prize with Mr. Chris Walker, Host, Daybreak South, CBC Radio
- About the Nobel Prize in Literature with Dr. Jennifer Gustar, Associate Professor of English and Culture Studies, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- About the Economics Prize with Dr. Ross Hickey, Associate Professor of Economics, Faculty of Management and Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Dr. Jennifer Jakobi, Professor in the School of Health and Exercise Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Development, Chair for Women in Science and Engineering Program, NSERC, BC /Yukon region